The MELD team is a group of talented, dedicated professionals who are passionate about our technology. We’re always looking to add team members who are excited about what we do and can help us continue to grow. If you think you might be a good fit for us but don’t see a relevant posting, please send your résumé, salary history, and a cover letter to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please also visit our linkedin page for position postings.
As Application Engineer, you will work directly with customers to develop and deliver technical specifications and pricing for projects, production manufacturing, and custom equipment. You will guide customers in their adoption of MELD technology. This role necessitates a self-motivated, technology-oriented individual with a strong desire to help customers succeed. In addition to having excellent communication and organizational skills, being a good listener, and being detail-oriented, you must have a competitive spirit, be eager to learn new things, and be passionate about helping the MELD team and your customers win.
Specific activities include:
- Develop solutions appropriate for your customer’s needs
- Design competitive and viable technical approaches for the need
- Prepare technical specifications and detailed cost elements for the technical specification
- Effectively communicate requirements, capabilities, and limitations to your customer and your internal engineering team
- Prepare specifications for required components
- Be a champion for your customer
- Identify enhanced product or service feature needs by soliciting feedback from customers
- Communicate customer feedback to your management for continuous improvement
- Review marketing materials for technical accuracy
- Manage quotations, purchase orders, acknowledgements and updates in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure all tasks and procedures related to ensuring customer success are completed on time.
- Be a champion for the MELD technology
- Prepare and deliver presentations at technical conferences and meetings
- Identify and suggest new products and applications to drive business growth
- Monitor industry trends to recommend new product and service features
- Track competitive environment to identify new products and technology and provide comparative analyses to the commercial and R&D teams
This position involves domestic and global travel.
MELD Manufacturing is looking for a self-motivated and versatile machine assembly technician. In this position the assembly technician will assemble high quality machine sub-components, complete MELD machines, manage a small range of necessary inventory, assist with machine maintenance and repair, and lead shop housekeeping efforts.
Specific activities include:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing request for and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Read and interpret engineering prints/specifications, electrical schematics, manufacturing manuals, and/or verbal/written instructions to determine necessary assembly of machine.
- Plan assembly procedures and methods to assure efficient and timely progress. May transport specified parts from storage manually or by using various mechanical lifting aids e.g. forklift trucks, etc.
- Assemble complex mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems units where precision, extreme care, skilled workmanship, and accuracy are required to meet strict inspection, testing and operating specifications.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Perform assigned task without damaging customer facing finishes.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls utilizing multimeter, amp meter, and/or oscilloscope.
- Use a variety of precision measuring and gauging instruments such as scales, calipers, micrometers, etc., to inspect and verify conformance of parts to specifications/tolerances.
- Strictly follows all safety requirements for hand and power tool operation, the assembly of parts, forklift and hoist operation, and housekeeping.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and assisting with repairs.
- Lead 5s initiative in shop by working in a clean and organized manner; completing assigned 5s improvement projects
- Requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- 3-4 years’ experience as a machine assembler or maintenance technician is preferred
- High School or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical diagrams, electrical schematics, and bills of materials.
- Understands and can perform the mechanical, pneumatic and electrical assembly of machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand, sit, crawl, squat, kneel, twist, bend, and reach above the shoulders as required to perform essential job functions
- Ability to safely and correctly use hand tools, power tools and precision measurement devices
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role
- Adaptable to constant changing schedule and priorities
- Comfortable working as part of a team or on as an individual contributor
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines
- Excellent organization skills
MELD Manufacturing is growing and seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer with expertise in building CNC or PLC controlled machinery. As an Electrical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our team by designing and implementing complex machines using the latest technologies. Your experience with Beckhoff, Siemens, and Fanuc automation products, as
well as various kinematics suck as 6-axis robots, deltas, and gantries, will be invaluable in driving the success of our projects. We are a small business undergoing rapid growth, and we value team players who thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and engineer CNC or PLC controlled machinery, ensuring adherence to project requirements and specifications.
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including mechanical engineers and technicians, to develop innovative solutions for complex machine designs.
Utilize your expertise in mechatronics to integrate electrical, electronic, and mechanical components into cohesive and efficient systems.
Specify, select, and procure electrical components, such as PLCs, CNCs, motors, drives, and I/O systems with integrated safety features, from suppliers such as Beckhoff, Siemens, and Fanuc.
Develop and review electrical schematics, control panel layouts, and wiring
Program and configure PLCs, CNCs, and other automation devices to control machine functions and ensure smooth operation.
Perform system integration and testing, including troubleshooting electrical and control system issues.
Collaborate with external partners and vendors to ensure successful integration of their components into the overall machine design.
Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, safety regulations, and quality control procedures.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering processes and practices, driving efficiency and innovation.
Stay up to date with the latest advancements in mechatronic technology,
automation products, and industry trends.
Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers and technicians, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
Other tasks may be assigned necessary to meet all business needs.
Proven experience in designing and building CNC or PLC controlled machinery.
Strong knowledge of mechatronics, including the integration of electrical,
electronic, and mechanical components.
Expertise in engineering automation products such as Beckhoff, Siemens, and Fanuc PLCs, CNCs, motors, drives, and I/O systems with integrated safety.
Proficient in developing electrical schematics, control panel layouts, and wiring diagrams.
Hands-on experience in programming and configuring PLCs and CNCs.
Familiarity with various kinematics, such as 6-axis robots, deltas, gantries, etc.
Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical and control system issues.
Strong understanding of industry standards, safety regulations, and quality control procedures.
Ability to work effectively in a small business environment with rapid growth and changing priorities.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and work well in a team.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field; or experience
commensurate with a degree will be accepted.
Walk, stand, and possibly climb stairs as needed.
– Manual Dexterity
– Color Vision, work with color-coded wires and components to correctly
identify and troubleshoot electrical systems.
Hearing, detecting any abnormal sounds or issues in electrical equipment.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above job description in its entirety
and am capable of performing all of the stated requirements.